My boys have reached a milestone today

Each of my boys has to read a certain number of minutes each day to satisfy school requirements.  Normally this isn’t that big of a deal because they like to read and are generally pretty good at it, except for the fact that they like to read the same books over and over again.  I tried encouraging them to read something new, especially some of my old favorites, but they keep returning to the same books even sneaking them when I wasn’t looking.  I’m not going to lie, I was a little proud that they enjoyed a book so much that they would prefer that over a new one but I wanted them to expand a little.  In an effort to get them reading something new I let them peruse one of my treasured books  The Complete Calvin and Hobbes Collection, under close supervision of course.  Bibliochild1 loved it and even read a few strips to Bibliochild2.  I could hear them giggling in the next room and it brought a smile to my face and a tear to my eye.  

Comments

  1. i used to read the same thing over and over. that is until mom found them and threw them away.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Blog

To the whiney lady at the bar last week.

I never understood ‘Business Casual’