I Miss The Smurfs

 


I don't know what happened here, but I think I like it. I'm not one to post just any old picture that I find from the internet. This made me laugh, absolutely, but then it got me to thinking...

This kid may never even know about the smurfs. Our childhood cartoon heroes are essentially lost to the more recent generations and, instead, they will grow up with the Spongebob form of entertainment where stupidity and unintelligible humor are celebrated.

Now, I am not, in any way, saying that The Smurfs was an extremely sharp and witty show. I am not saying that I learned a whole lot. I am saying that I think these shows had general messages, and characters that we could identify with. The Smurfs may be a bad example; if we throw Looney Toons, Animaniacs, Thundercats (they don't get talked about enough), and even Care Bears, I think I might make my point a little better.

Bottom line is we have lost a bit of something and I want to get it back... even if I have to rip apart a smurf to do it.

-FCJ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Blog

To the whiney lady at the bar last week.

I never understood ‘Business Casual’